Wednesday 15 October 2014

Young and Foolish

I'm not sure what makes me write.
I'm not even sure if this means anything to me, to you, to him.
As I write my thoughts down I reflect on the experiences I've had.
Was it him or I that made this feeling seem less real?
What makes you full of confidence?

As I sat at in the meeting last night I displayed confidence in the person behind me.
Everyone thought that this was young and foolish?
Really does my age dictate my thought process?

An old soul. Mature beyond her years. All boiled down into young and foolish in a moment.
The moment seemed to hang as I thought of the comments surrounding my life.
Shit. Does age really mean that much?
Do I really need to wait until I'm old and grey until I can have an opinion that matters?

As I get older I see this play out day in, day out.
Age does not predict experience, neither does it predict truth or honesty.

I do not think I would be able to ever convey how much this annoys me.

No comments:

Post a Comment