Wednesday 10 September 2014

Relationships. Friendships. Colleagues

All the above concepts we acknowledge as a part of life and we learn more about as we grow as people. People skills are required to appropriately interact with these people on a professional and personal level.

...and I guess that's where I start to lose my sense of certainty. How can people be unaware of these skills and their requirement. Surely by being treated by someone professionally you learn where the boundaries are. Of course there are a number of relationships which can be multi-faceted. I mean I have a number of colleagues whom I have a professional relationship with, but really I have quite a personal one with too.

People are full of surprises and I guess as I get older my amount of friends dwindle. Not because I hate everyone but because I make no time available for them - so be it. I have endeavours in other aspects of my life, like the notion of a career. However there will always be the few who I make an effort for.

So, I tore my hamstring at work. Great. That makes life so much harder right? Wrong. I have had so many people reach out to me this past week and offer their support and help wether that be a lift, cooking, helping me obtain a pen! or even provide me with crutches to use. How great has this week been! It has assured me that actually I am apart of a community and people really do care. Of course it's also horrible because of the time/effort things take and it really hurts. Oh and workers compensation is somewhat complicated because (thank goodness) I've never had to use it before.

So just because I can. I want to reflect on those relationships. I really thought that someone I cared deeply for had grown distain towards me (prior to my injury) and I guess you can say that I really have no reason to think that.

People are interesting and I guess people are also driven by very different motives.

People, especially some people in my life... those people... I feel...well...let's say...not all people in your life want the best for you, or at least want okay for you...and I guess as a teacher finding those people will be part of my life. Positive outcomes is what we are aiming for. Negative ones just won't do!

Regards,


No comments:

Post a Comment